Camera club talks and presentations
I’m inspired to help people make pictures that make them happy
I enjoy delivering talks and presentations for camera club and photographic societies across the UK. As a club member myself since 2003, I understand the needs of members and the constraints that many clubs work with.
I am happy to stand in at short notice or take bookings a long way in to the future; I know that some clubs like to have their programme locked down months, if not years ahead.
Presentation topics for camera clubs
- Lighting with off-camera flash (Speedlites)
- Lighting with studio flash
- Making the most of just one light
- Table-top and product photography
- The basics of photography; ideal for new members or to attract new members
- Movement: a presentation about capturing motion in your photos. Designed for new and intermediate photographers
- Action sports photography; motorsport, kick boxing and more
- Using simple compact cameras to help you learn to see and make better pictures
- Organising, managing and processing pictures with Lightroom
- Colour management, how to get prints and projected images that meet your expectations
I can combine some of these topics in a single evening if that suits your program. Please get in touch and let me know.
I enjoy presenting, and specifically love to mix live demonstrations in to my talks. I do this by working with a camera tethered to the computer so that images I make appear instantly on the projector screen for everyone to see and learn from.
I love questions, and encourage everyone to ask if there’s something they need clarification on while I deliver my presentation.
If you want to have a half-day or full-day workshop activity for your club members let’s talk, as I can help with this too. If you have a date in mind, check my events calendar to see if I’m free.
Equipped for large and small camera club presentations
- I will bring essential presentation equipment with me to your camera club.
- I have a high quality Canon XEED projector, laptop and all the necessary cables.
- I don’t bring a projector screen with me, so I need to use yours. (Or a large, preferably white, wall)
- For most camera club talks I don’t need a microphone and amplifier, but I am happy to use one if you have it.
- I’m practiced at presenting to small small and large groups. I’m equally comfortable with 1-2-1 sessions through to groups of over 600 people.
Equipment for practical seminars
If you book a practical session as part of the camera club talk then I will bring a range of equipment to demonstrate depending on the topic. This may include cameras, lighting, and more.
I use Google Maps to calculate the distance from me in Oxfordshire to you and charge travel costs based on this distance. I also charge for presentations, though I know that your budgets are often limited so the charges are reasonable .
Contact me for presentation topics & availability
Fill in the form below to send me an email enquiry.
The clubs listed below have either booked me for a talk in the near future, or I have already delivered a talk for them. Some have kindly asked me to visit them more than once.
- ImageZ Camera Club [link]
- Buckingham Camera Club [link]
- Hampstead Photographic Society [link]
- Ealing & Hamsptead House Photographic Society [link]
- Melton Mowbray Photographic Society [link]
- Charnwood Camera Club [link]
- Bracknell Camera Club [link]
- Abingdon Camera Club [link]
- St. Neotts Camera Club [link]
- Sandhurst Camera Club[link]
- Yateley Camera Club [link]
- Newbury Camera Club [link]
- Thatcham Camera Club [link]
- Kingsclere Photo Club [link]
- Towcester Camera Club [link]
- Aldershot, Farnham & Fleet Camera Club [link]
- Harrow Camera Club [link]
- Dorking Camera Club [link]
- Royston Photographic Society [link]
- Worcestershire Camera Club [link]
- Peterborough Photographic Society [link]
- Marlow Camera Club [link]
- Luton & Dunstable Photographic Club [link]
- Wantage Camera Club [link]
- Park Street Camera Club [link]
- Kettering & District PS [link]
- Solihull PS [link]
- Bicester Camera Club
- Lambourn Camera Club
I’m always grateful for a link from your club website, program or Facebook page to my website http://www.p4pictures.com