Not to be left out of the news, the EOS RP also gets firmware update to speed up autofocus and fix the PTP vulnerability.
EOS RP firmware update 1.30
Firmware Version 1.3.0 incorporates the following enhancement:
- Enhances eye detection Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
- Improved Auto Focus (AF) performance helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
- Reduces lag time between the actual Auto Focus (AF) and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which Main dial icon may not appear when magnify/reduce button is pressed during the image playback.
- Fixes PTP communication vulnerability.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.2.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.3.0, this update is unnecessary.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly. It will take about 6 minutes to update the firmware.