I wrote a few posts ago about my EOS 5D Mark IV coming back from a C-Log update with firmware 1.1.0 and now there’s a new firmware update, version 1.1.2 available for all cameras.
Well that’s a coincidence, I wrote a post on 30th March about the odd version of firmware in my camera following it’s C-log update, and then when I checked Canon’s site just now I found that there was firmware update version 1.1.2 available.
Most of the update is related to the newest Tilt-Shift lenses, but there’s also fixes for shooting movies with the Camera Connect app and for cameras like mine with the C-log update.
As the notes below say, make sure you have also got the latest Digital Photo Professional software too.
Canon’s website says that firmware update version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Support for Exif 2.31 has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function normally when using the Camera Connect application to shoot a high frame rate movie.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which error 80 may occur when HDR movies are shot using the Remote Live View Shooting function. (Applies only to Canon Log-supported cameras.)
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware Version 1.1.0 or earlier. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately 4 minutes.
(1) Once the EOS 5D Mark IV is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.1 to 1.0.4).
(2) Cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 are cameras that have received the charged upgrade service to support Canon log at a Canon service center. Canon Log support will not be affected on cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 that are updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 being released this time. For cameras running Firmware Version 1.0.4 or earlier, even if the firmware is updated to Version 1.1.2, Canon Log will not be supported. Users who wish to have their camera support Canon Log are asked to make a request for the charged upgrade service at a Canon service center.
(3) When using Version 4.7.10 (or earlier) of Digital Photo Professional to edit JPEG/RAW images captured with a camera updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), some of the Exif data may be deleted. In addition, chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer cannot be used when processing RAW images captured using a TS-E lens (TS-E17mm f/4L, TS-E24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E50mm f/2.8L Macro, TS-E90mm f/2.8L Macro, or TS-E135mm f/4L Macro). Please be sure to update Digital Photo Professional to Version 4.7.20 (or later) before performing image processing.