Canon has delivered a number of EOS camera firmware updates to allow lens aberration correction to be used with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM or EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM.
Firmware updates for…
- EOS 6D – firmware update v1.1.7
- EOS 70D – firmware update v1.1.2
- EOS 100D / SL1 – firmware update v1.0.1
- EOS 700D / T5i – firmware update v1.1.5
- EOS 1300D / T6 – firmware update v1.0.2
“Corrects a phenomenon in which when using the camera with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM or EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, even if lens aberration correction is set to “Enable”, correction will not be applied.”
Additional firmware updates will also be released to correct the same issue for a group of cameras including EOS-1D X, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 60D, EOS 7D in due course. Please check the firmware update page for the latest firmware for your camera.