I must have missed the mention of EOS-1D X Mark II firmware update v1.1.2 in amongst all the interesting info flying around before the EOS 5D Mark IV launch.
EOS-1D X Mark II – firmware update v1.1.2
Canon USA has it online from the 10th of September, but Canon Europe’s site lists it from 22nd August.
Canon says: Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements to enhance functions
- The addition of a selectable color-tone option for the LCD monitor.
- The addition of a function to append IPTC data.
- The addition of a function to transfer only protected images.
- The addition of a function to set the GPS positional data retention period.
- An increase in the number of network connection settings that can be saved to a memory card from 20 to 40.
- When retrying FTP transfer, extension of the minimum auto power off time to 10 minutes.
- Improvement of wireless transmission when using Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E6.
The Version 1.1.2 firmware being released at this time is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.0.2 or earlier. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.
(1) Once the camera is updated to Version 1.1.2, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 / 1.0.2).
(2) “Camera setting files” generated on a camera with Firmware Version 1.0.2 or earlier cannot be used on a camera with Firmware Version 1.1.2 or later.
(3) EOS-1D X Mark II cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.2 require the latest version of EOS Utility. EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from our Web site.
*EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 is supported on the following OSes: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1, Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
(4) Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which contains information regarding the enhancements provided through this firmware update.
Need firmware for a different camera?
Check out the complete firmware update page here to be able to download all known updates for EOS cameras.