Canon has released a firmware update for the 50MP EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R cameras to add new support for the W-E1 wireless adapter that is due to start shipping any day soon.
Buy EOS 5DS / 5DS R
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:
1. Support for the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 has been added.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately 6 minutes.
Please note that the firmware for EOS 5DS R and EOS 5DS is different.
(1) The firmware cannot be updated when the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is inserted into the camera.
(2) Once the camera is updated to Version 1.1.0, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.1).
(3) EOS 5DS cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0 require the latest version of EOS Utility and Camera Connect.
EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from our Web site.
Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later can be downloaded from App Store or Google Play.
Versions of application software that support Firmware Version 1.1.0 of the camera
- EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later
- Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later
*EOS Utility is supported on the following OSes:
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1, Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
*Camera Connect is supported on the following OSes.
- iOS 8.4 / 9.3, Android 4.1-4.4 / 5.0-5.1 / 6.0
(4) Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which contains information regarding the enhancements provided in this firmware update.
Need a firmware update for a different camera?
Virtually all EOS cameras have had a firmware update at some point in their lifetime. You’ll find a complete list of the available firmware updates and links to download them here.